Couples Intensive Therapy
Often healing the problems in your relationship require more than the typical 50 minute session every week. As an alternative, Couple Intensive Therapy happens over 1 -3 days, four hours a day, and has been shown to calm conflictual interactions, build healthy patterns of communication, and jump start relational change. Couple Intensives can help build healthy conflict resolution skills, increase communication, deepen emotional intimacy, and help couples begin to move past unresolved hurts and resentments.
Couple Intensive Therapy also helps to guard agains some of the common complaints of traditional marriage therapy. It allows you and your therapist to have adequate time to address high intensity issues and does not leave you feeling frustrated at the end of the session, when you may fell you are just getting started. It also helps get to the heart of the matter much sooner. Often it takes several sessions for the couple and therapist to get to know each other and to discover the best direction for therapy. Couple Intensive Therapy helps to discover and quickly set reachable goals and real direction.
How do you know if Couple Intensive Therapy is right for you?
- You and your spouse feel you have put a lot of effort into changing your relationship but still feel stuck.
- You and your spouse are willing to commit to the process but have felt like change is happening too slowly.
- You and your spouse are highly motivated and ready to see change happen.
- You and your spouse feel the investment is worth making. This is a unique therapy, and insurance will not pay for it.
Hours and Fees
Couple intensives take place on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays at a date of your choosing. You can choose from 1, 2, 3 days. Dr. Mathews and the team can help you determine which length of treatment will be best for your situation.
- One day – $550
- Two days – $1,100
- Three Days – $1,750
Each Couple Intensive includes the following:
- Phone/Skype preliminary session a week before the Intensive
- Pre-Intensive assessments including a family dynamic assessment, strength-finder, and communication pattern assessment.
- 4 hours of intensive therapy per day
- A personalized post-intensive action plan including a package of tools and support material and proposal for follow-up visits, Skype sessions, or referral to an appropriate local therapist
We believe every relationship is unique and our goal is to shape Couple Intensive Sessions around your relationship.
We’d be happy to set up a time to talk to you more to see if a Client Intensive is right for you.